This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 50.8723 / 50°52'20"N
Longitude: 0.0047 / 0°0'17"E
OS Eastings: 541150
OS Northings: 110007
OS Grid: TQ411100
Mapcode National: GBR KQ2.806
Mapcode Global: FRA B6WS.RNJ
Plus Code: 9F22V2C3+WV
Entry Name: The Old Grammar School
Listing Date: 25 February 1965
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1043811
English Heritage Legacy ID: 293196
Location: Lewes, Lewes, East Sussex, BN7
County: East Sussex
Civil Parish: Lewes
Built-Up Area: Lewes
Traditional County: Sussex
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): East Sussex
Church of England Parish: Lewes St Anne
Church of England Diocese: Chichester
TQ 4110 SW & TQ 4109 NW LEWES HIGH STREET
9/214 & 14/214 (north side)
25.2.65 The Old Grammar School
School. Founded 1512; rebuilt 1851. Knapped flint with stock brick quoins
and stone window dressings. Plain tiled roofs with gable-parapets and kneelers.
2 gable-ends to street with central square-headed projection. 3 storeys; 3
window front, tall sashes between chamfered mullions with hood moulds over.
Single light in centre of second floor, 2 lights flanking; 2 lights in centre of
first floor, 3 lights flanking; 4 lights on ground floor with central ribbed door
under Tudor-arched moulded surround in square-headed opening with hood-mould over.
Deep block to rear.
Listing NGR: TQ4112609999
Other nearby listed buildings