This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 53.1968 / 53°11'48"N
Longitude: -1.0658 / 1°3'56"W
OS Eastings: 462506
OS Northings: 367038
OS Grid: SK625670
Mapcode National: GBR 9G3.MC0
Mapcode Global: WHFGS.LXP5
Plus Code: 9C5W5WWM+PM
Entry Name: Edwinstowe Hall
Listing Date: 7 August 1952
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1045466
English Heritage Legacy ID: 242215
Location: Edwinstowe, Newark and Sherwood, Nottinghamshire, NG21
Civil Parish: Edwinstowe
Built-Up Area: Edwinstowe
Traditional County: Nottinghamshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Nottinghamshire
Church of England Parish: Edwinstowe
Church of England Diocese: Southwell and Nottingham
CHURCH STREET (west side)
Country house. Now community home. Early and mid C18. Brick, rendered and colourwashed. Stone dressings. Plain tile hipped roof. Plinth, first and second floor bands. Moulded eaves with scroll brackets. Coped parapet. Five ridge, two side wall and single rear wall stacks.
Three storeys, five bays. Square plan with additional wing to left. Windows are mostly glazing bar sashes. Main east front has central pedimented porch with scrolled architraves and, scrolled brackets to hood. Geometrical, over right. To its left, a small casement. Flanked by two sashes. Above, five sashes. Above again, five smaller sashes. South side has central projecting two storey bay with a sash and a C20 casement. To its left, C20 door. Above, to left, a casement and above again, a pedimented dormer. North side has to left a sash, and to right, C19 canted bay window with ogee lead roof and central round headed sash flanked by single sashes. Rear elevation has to left C19 conservatory (rebuilt 1982), two C19 bay windows, and irregular fenestration. Above again, to left, pedimented dormer. South wing, two storeys, three bays, has first floor band. East front has to left, door with Gothick fanlight and to its right, two sashes. Above, large central sash with cast-iron balcony on bracket, flanked by single sashes. Dining room has notable Rococo style plaster ceiling, 1751, Classical style cornice, and two openings with scrolled heads with cartouches. Classical style timber fireplace with scrolled brackets. Three beaded doorways with eared architraves and six-panel C18 doors.
Listing NGR: SK6250667038
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings