This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 51.5407 / 51°32'26"N
Longitude: -0.9048 / 0°54'17"W
OS Eastings: 476048
OS Northings: 182989
OS Grid: SU760829
Mapcode National: GBR C4S.633
Mapcode Global: VHDWG.8JHR
Entry Name: Old Bell House
Listing Date: 25 January 1951
Last Amended: 28 October 1974
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1047751
English Heritage Legacy ID: 246291
Location: Henley-on-Thames, South Oxfordshire, Oxfordshire, RG9
District: South Oxfordshire
Civil Parish: Henley-on-Thames
Built-Up Area: Henley-on-Thames
Traditional County: Oxfordshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Oxfordshire
Church of England Parish: Henley-on-Thames
Church of England Diocese: Oxford
1. NORTHFIELD END
5355 (West Side)
No 9 & No 9A (Old Bell
House) [Formerly listed
as No 9 (Old Bell House)]
SU 7582 1/99 25.1.51.
C18 and early C19. Stucco facade with flat bracketed wooden eaves cornice
and slate roof. 3 storeys, 4 windows, all sashes with glazing bars.
Ground and 1st floor windows with triple lights, those of 1st floor are
Venetian windows. Projecting porch with Doric columns supporting moulded
hood, panelled reveals with architrave surround and 6 panelled door.
Additional door on northern side.
Nos 1 to 11 (odd) and 15 to 25 (odd) with Denmark House, Elm House, Ruperts
Elm, Ruperts Guard, White House, the Obelisk and No 30, form a group with
Nos 93 and 95 and Nos 70 to 102 (even) with the building at the rear of
No 70 Bell Street and with Tarrys Cottage, Bell Cottage and the flat on
Listing NGR: SU7604882989
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings