This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 51.5913 / 51°35'28"N
Longitude: -1.2416 / 1°14'29"W
OS Eastings: 452634
OS Northings: 188316
OS Grid: SU526883
Mapcode National: GBR 912.4XG
Mapcode Global: VHCYM.F8GH
Entry Name: Number 46 (Tudor House) and Attached Wing and Barn
Listing Date: 9 April 1952
Last Amended: 4 November 1986
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1047892
English Heritage Legacy ID: 248653
Location: East Hagbourne, South Oxfordshire, Oxfordshire, OX11
District: South Oxfordshire
Civil Parish: East Hagbourne
Built-Up Area: Didcot
Traditional County: Berkshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Oxfordshire
Church of England Parish: Hagbourne
Church of England Diocese: Oxford
EAST HAGBOURNE MAIN ROAD (North side)
No.46 (Tudor House) and attached wing and barn
(Formerly listed as No.48)
House. Late C17. Rendered base; large timber-framing; rendered infill; old
plain-tile roof. Central brick ridge stack with diagonally set flues. 2-unit
lobby-entry plan. 2 storeys and attic; 3-window range. Central plank door.
3-light leaded casements to left and right. Jettied first floor with shaped
brackets. 2-light leaded casement to first floor centre. Angled wood bays on
brackets to left and right with leaded casements and false rendered gables
above. Tile-hung cross-gables to left and right with 2-light leaded casements.
Right return: large timber-framing with painted brick and rendered infill;
jettied first floor; tile-hung gable end. Interior: room to ground floor left
has bolection moulded panelling with richly carved cornice, shouldered surround
to fireplaces richly carved mantel shelf and swagged surround to over-mantel.
From cellar to attic the original dog-leg staircase with windows. Wing to rear
and barn: wing of single storey and attic with plain-tile roof. Barn has
thatched roof, of queen-post construction.
Listing NGR: SU5263488316
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings