This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
We don't have any photos of this building yet. Why don't you be the first to send us one?
Latitude: 52.7827 / 52°46'57"N
Longitude: 1.3884 / 1°23'18"E
OS Eastings: 628603
OS Northings: 325950
OS Grid: TG286259
Mapcode National: GBR WFY.HV1
Mapcode Global: WHMSX.9BC2
Entry Name: Church of St Botolph
Listing Date: 16 April 1955
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1049134
English Heritage Legacy ID: 224182
Location: Westwick, North Norfolk, Norfolk, NR10
District: North Norfolk
Civil Parish: Westwick
Traditional County: Norfolk
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Norfolk
Church of England Parish: Westwick St Botolph
Church of England Diocese: Norwich
TG 22 NE
4/36 Church of St.Botolph
Parish church. Medieval and later. Flint and stone, slate and lead roofs.
West tower, nave, north and south aisles, south porch and chancel. Embattled
west tower of 4 stages, diagonal buttresses. Building of tower referred to in
in wills from 1460 to 1474. Stone frieze to base carved with emblems of the
Passion. C19 Perpendicular 3-light west window; square ringing-chamber
openings with tracery, under hood moulds; C19 Perpendicular 2-light bell-
openings; C19 battlements with crocketed finials. 4-bay buttressed nave with
diagonal buttresses. 3 C19 2-light Decorated windows to south aisle. Beneath
middle window a memorial tablet of 1748 with cherubs head to top and skull
to apron. North aisle with doorway to first bay, 2 brick Y-tracery windows.
Blind clerestorey. Buttressed chancel of 2 bays with diagonal buttresses,
south wall of knapped flint. Priest's door, now glazed, under 4-centred arch
with hood-mould. C19 east window of 4 -lights. Porch to first south aisle
bay with probably C18 vault. Interior. North and south arcades with octagonal
piers, double chamfered arches. Stone corbels with heads to support roof.
C19 king-post roof. Aisles with arch-braced roofs. Chancel with C19 roof.
Box-pew in chancel. Heavily restored screen with C19 upper parts. C19
parclose screens. Painted arms of Victoria over tower screen. Plaque
recording restoration of 1845 over south door. Octagonal font with 4 lions
to base, 8 panels with alternating rosettes and leaves to bowl.
Listing NGR: TG2860325950
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings