This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
We don't have any photos of this building yet. Why don't you be the first to send us one?
Latitude: 52.932 / 52°55'55"N
Longitude: 0.9861 / 0°59'9"E
OS Eastings: 600789
OS Northings: 341346
OS Grid: TG007413
Mapcode National: GBR S7P.449
Mapcode Global: WHLQT.3KTN
Entry Name: Langham Hall and flint wall with iron railings and war memorial
Listing Date: 20 May 1983
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1049456
English Heritage Legacy ID: 223397
Location: Langham, North Norfolk, Norfolk, NR25
District: North Norfolk
Civil Parish: Langham
Built-Up Area: Langham
Traditional County: Norfolk
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Norfolk
Church of England Parish: Langham Episcopi St Andrew with St Mary
Church of England Diocese: Norwich
This list entry was subject to a Minor Amendment on 16/04/2018
BOLT ROAD (north Side)
Langham Hall and flint wall with iron railings and war memorial
(Formerly listed as Langham Hall and flint wall with iron railings to south)
House. c1820. Said to be designed by the owner, the Rev Stephen Frost Rippinghall. Gault brick, red pantiles. Two storey, five-bay house with two storey one-bay wing to left, lower recessed wing on right, services at rear. Stripped Greek Revival. Ground floor: four sash windows with glazing bars. First floor: five sashes with glazing bars, all under flat rubbed brick arches. Simplified Doric porch, unfluted order entablature, metope frieze and cornice, all wooden. Six panel raised and fielded door. Brick pilasters, stucco cornice, attic above with recessed rectangular panels. Stacks recessed behind main ridge, moulded gault brick. Left wing ground floor Tripartite French window with glazing bars; first floor sash. Flint wall with brick pilasters to south, with stone coping and iron railings giving view of Church from house.
Langham War Memorial is located on the corner of North Street and Holt Road, set into the curving flint wall of Langham Hall. It comprises a wooden canopied crucifix atop a red granite round-headed tablet on two small projecting granite brackets, which are set into a plastered surround (painted black below and white above), enclosed by a brick arch with dentilated cornice and domed coping, which is set into an existing, curving flint wall. The tablet bears the inscription in incised and black painted lettering and reads: 1914 EUROPEAN WAR 1919/ LANGHAM/ (NAMES).
Listing NGR: TG0078941346
Other nearby listed buildings