This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 52.199 / 52°11'56"N
Longitude: 1.4754 / 1°28'31"E
OS Eastings: 637594
OS Northings: 261336
OS Grid: TM375613
Mapcode National: GBR XQK.1TT
Mapcode Global: VHM7N.JZBM
Entry Name: Old Vicarage
Listing Date: 25 October 1951
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1051979
English Heritage Legacy ID: 361702
Location: Benhall, Suffolk Coastal, Suffolk, IP17
District: Suffolk Coastal
Civil Parish: Benhall
Traditional County: Suffolk
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Suffolk
Church of England Parish: Benhall St Mary
Church of England Diocese: St.Edmundsbury and Ipswich
TM 36 SE BENHALL MITFORD ROAD (south side)
2/27 Old Vicarage
Vicarage. 1810 or shortly after; later additions. Brick (white brick face),
slated roof. 2 storeys. East wing probably the earlier: 2 window range, sashes
with glazing bars in cased frames, flat brick arches; wide bracketed eaves;
east facade with 3-light bow window. To the west is a lower 2 storey section:
2 window range, sashes with glazing bars (3-light sashes to left hand side);
asymmetrical doorway with mid C20 half-glazed door within modern brick porch.
Rev. John Mitford (1781-1859), miscellaneous writer and editor of the
Gentleman's Magazine from 1834-1850, was vicar here from 1810 until his death.
Listing NGR: TM3759461336
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings