This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
We don't have any photos of this building yet. Why don't you be the first to send us one?
Latitude: 52.654 / 52°39'14"N
Longitude: -2.3686 / 2°22'6"W
OS Eastings: 375161
OS Northings: 306312
OS Grid: SJ751063
Mapcode National: GBR 070.MYQ
Mapcode Global: WH9DB.LK98
Entry Name: The Terrace with Water Tower and Retaining Wall Adjoining to South
Listing Date: 29 August 1984
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1053636
English Heritage Legacy ID: 255272
Location: Shifnal, Shropshire, TF11
Civil Parish: Shifnal
Traditional County: Shropshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Shropshire
Church of England Parish: Shifnal St Andrew
Church of England Diocese: Lichfield
SJ 70 NE SHIFNAL C.P. PARK LANE
6/10 The Terrace with Water Tower
- and Retaining Wall adjoining
House, water tower, and retaining wall. Circa 1835 with mid C19 addition to
left and water tower to rear. Red brick with sandstone ashlar dressings,
rendered to rear, and hipped slate roof. 3 storeys. Plinth, deep eaves with
paired brackets; 2 ridge stacks, and end stack to left, all with moulded
stone cornices. 3 bays; glazing bar sashes with rendered first floor lintels,
and 2 ground floor flat-topped canted bays with moulded cornices; 2 central
half glazed doors with small lower panels and moulded architrave; sandstone
ashlar porch with Ionic columns and pilasters, full entablature with dentil
cornice and blocking course. Right-hand end of 2 bays with ground floor bow.
2 storey addition set back to left with rendered plat band, and 2 stacks
with moulded stone cornice. 2 bays; 4-parted sashes with rendered lintels.
Interior: C17 style panelling and fireplace overmantel; curved staircase with
square section balusters and curved arched first floor niche. Water tower:
red brick with brown brick and sandstone ashlar dressings. Square plan;
Tudor Gothic style. 2 storeys. Battlemented parapet with chamfered coping.
First floor blank quatrefoil panels to South and East; ground floor foiled
windows to East and West, and 4-centred arched to South. Retaining wall:
Circa 1835. Approximately 15 metres long and 20 metres high. Random rubble
with battlemented parapet.
Listing NGR: SJ7516106312
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings