This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 52.6856 / 52°41'8"N
Longitude: -2.3751 / 2°22'30"W
OS Eastings: 374743
OS Northings: 309829
OS Grid: SJ747098
Mapcode National: GBR 06M.LC5
Mapcode Global: WH9D4.HR7K
Entry Name: Temple, Approximately 350 Metres to West of Decker Hill
Listing Date: 14 January 1981
Last Amended: 29 August 1984
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1053657
English Heritage Legacy ID: 255223
Location: Shifnal, Shropshire, TF11
Civil Parish: Shifnal
Traditional County: Shropshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Shropshire
Church of England Parish: Shifnal St Andrew
Church of England Diocese: Lichfield
SJ 70 NW SHIFNAL C.P. B4379
5/1 Temple, approximately 350
14/1/81 metres to West of Decker
Hill (formerly listed as
Temple at Decker Hall).
Temple. Circa 1810. Sandstone, uncoursed rubble and ashlar, and domed
ashlar roof. Circular plan; Neo-classical style. 3 bay colonnade to South-
East with unfluted Doric columns supporting full entablature with blocking
course. Stands in landscaped grounds surrounding Decker Hill (q.v.).
Listing NGR: SJ7474309829
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings