This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
We don't have any photos of this building yet. Why don't you be the first to send us one?
Latitude: 53.0552 / 53°3'18"N
Longitude: -0.585 / 0°35'6"W
OS Eastings: 494936
OS Northings: 351823
OS Grid: SK949518
Mapcode National: GBR DNG.GWT
Mapcode Global: WHGJX.ZGLM
Plus Code: 9C5X3C47+3X
Entry Name: Leadenham House
Listing Date: 23 August 1967
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1061877
English Heritage Legacy ID: 192458
Location: Leadenham, North Kesteven, Lincolnshire, LN5
Civil Parish: Leadenham
Built-Up Area: Leadenham
Traditional County: Lincolnshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Lincolnshire
Church of England Parish: Leadenham St Swithin
Church of England Diocese: Lincoln
LEADENHAM RECTORY LANE
SK 95 SW
Small country house. 1790-9 additions 1826-9. L,Vulliamy and c.1903 Detmar
Blow. Ashlar and dressed limestone rubble with ashlar dressings. Slate
hipped roof and 2 ashlar ridge stacks. 2½ storey. West entrance front 7 bays
with plinth, ground floor cill band, first floor band and cill band, second
floor band and moulded cornice with parapet. Slightly recessed central bay
has projecting canted porch of 1826 with pilasters supporting an entablature
and topped by a parapet, central doorway with double panelled doors and single
glazing bar sashes either side. Either side 3 glazing bar sashes. Above a
central tripartite glazing bar sash with flat hood, and either side 3 glazing
bar sashes. Above again a central small tripartite glazing bar sash and
either side 3 small glazing bar sashes. The north and south fronts are ident-
tical, of dressed rubble with ashlar quoins. 4 bays with glazing bar sashes
throughout. The south front also has a low 2-storey, 6-bay wing extending
east, added in 1826. It has an off centre double glazed doorway flanked by 2
glazing bar sashes, above are 5 glazing bar sashes. The eastern bay has a
double glazed doorway flanked by narrow glazing bar sashes, with above 3 round
headed blind arches with moulded surrounds, and topped with a pediment.
smother early C19 extension to the north east. INTERIOR: Fine stone canti-
levered 3 flight staircase with plain wooden balusters, and on the landing
2 round headed arches with pilasters and moulded tops, plus a simple Adam-
style plaster ceiling. In the dining room a fine mid-C18 marble fireplace.
The remaining interiors are largely early C19 with marble fireplaces, and
moulded cornices and dado rails. The morning room and drawing room both have
panels of hand painted oriental wallpaper introduced by Delmar Blow c.1903.
Source: Country Life 17 and 24 June 1965, by A Oswald.
Listing NGR: SK9493651823
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings