This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 53.0347 / 53°2'4"N
Longitude: -0.1639 / 0°9'49"W
OS Eastings: 523218
OS Northings: 350176
OS Grid: TF232501
Mapcode National: GBR HT6.MDZ
Mapcode Global: WHHL8.GZ6F
Entry Name: Church of All Saints
Listing Date: 26 January 1967
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1062080
English Heritage Legacy ID: 191922
Location: Holland Fen with Brothertoft, Boston, Lincolnshire, LN4
Civil Parish: Holland Fen with Brothertoft
Traditional County: Lincolnshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Lincolnshire
Church of England Parish: The Brothertoft Group
Church of England Diocese: Lincoln
TF 25 SW BROTHERTOFT HOLLAN FEN
1/8 Church of
Former Chapel of Ease dedicated as Parish Church in 1924. 1812,
chancel added 1880. Red brick in English bond, Westmorland and
Welsh slate roofs, with stone coped gables. Timber louvred
octagonal cupola with domed lead top. Nave and chancel. At the
west end a traceried door with pointed wicket under a Tudor
pointed arch. The 3 bay side wails of the nave have 3 brick
bands to the base, and a corbelled out eaves, the slightly
advanced central bay contains a 3 light window under a brick
Tudor arch. It is flanked by single pointed 3 ight windows. All
nave windows have wooden tracery and leaded lights. Lead
rainwater hoppers. The later chancel has a triple lancet east
window with ashlar surround. On the south wall of the nave an
ashlar sundial over the central window. Interior. At the west
end a panelled gallery with finely dentillated and fluted
friezes, fluted pilasters, supported on slender cast iron
columns. Plain narrow pointed chancel arch. Matchboard dado
panelling to nave. Fittings. Facetted square pulpit matches
panelled gallery. The gallery has its contemporary bench seats.
Royal Arms. C19 octagonal font. The Chapel of Ease was built
following a subscription raised by the patron and rector of
Algakirk, to serve the inhabitants of the new settlements formed
by the draining of the Fens under the Act of Parliament passed in
1767. Source: Whites Directory 1856.
Listing NGR: TF2321850176
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Source links go to a search for the specified title at Amazon. Availability of the title is dependent on current publication status. You may also want to check AbeBooks, particularly for older titles.
Other nearby listed buildings