This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
We don't have any photos of this building yet. Why don't you be the first to send us one?
Latitude: 52.9955 / 52°59'43"N
Longitude: -0.4103 / 0°24'36"W
OS Eastings: 506794
OS Northings: 345427
OS Grid: TF067454
Mapcode National: GBR FQS.C26
Mapcode Global: WHGK6.NYVY
Plus Code: 9C4XXHWQ+6V
Entry Name: Sleaford Railway Station
Listing Date: 10 December 1986
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1062114
English Heritage Legacy ID: 191906
Location: Sleaford, North Kesteven, Lincolnshire, NG34
Civil Parish: Sleaford
Built-Up Area: Sleaford
Traditional County: Lincolnshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Lincolnshire
Church of England Parish: Sleaford St Denys
Church of England Diocese: Lincoln
5312 STATION ROAD
TF 0645 - 0745
2/112A Sleaford Railway Station
Railway station. Built 1857 for the Boston, Sleaford and Midland Counties Railway,
extended 1882 for the Great Northern and Great Eastern Joint Railway. Coursed rubble, and
brick with ashlar and brick dressings. Slate roofs. Entrance front has central recessed
4 bay, 1 1/2 storey original building in stone with ashlar coped gables and kneelers. A
single ashlar gable, a single brick gable and a single ashlar ridge stack . Ashlar
quoins and plinth. The former off centre entrance bay is slightly advanced with a plain
sash in a chamfered surround with Tudor hood, above a 2 light chamfered mullion window
with original patterned glazing in a through eaves gabled dormer decorated with 3 ornate
finials. Either side is a single 2 light chamfered mullion window with original patterned
glazing and Tudor hoods, above are single similar 2 light windows in through eaves
gabled dormers. To the right a single slightly advanced bay with a large square bay
window with plain sashes and above a 2 light chamfered mullion window with plain sashes
in a through eaves gabled dormer. Either side are single storey brick additions with
shallow pitched roofs with deeply overhanging eaves. They are both of 8 irregular bays.
That to the right is topped by a square wooden lantern, that to the left has a single 1 1/2
storey staircase block which leads to the footbridge. Both wings are articulated with
irregularly spaced glazing bar sashes and plank doors with glazing bar over-lights.
The platform front has a similar earlier and taller stone central section with later
brick wings, and a deep wooden canopy supported on ornate columns and brackets.
This block is joined,by an enclosed wood and iron footbridge, to the waiting rooms on
the western platform. These waiting rooms are of panelled wooden construction with
similar all round wooden canopies supported on ornate iron columns and brackets.
Listing NGR: TF0679445427
Other nearby listed buildings