This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 52.6506 / 52°39'1"N
Longitude: -0.4783 / 0°28'41"W
OS Eastings: 503042
OS Northings: 306955
OS Grid: TF030069
Mapcode National: GBR FVR.ZW9
Mapcode Global: WHGLX.MMGW
Plus Code: 9C4XMG2C+6M
Entry Name: 4, St Mary's Hill
Listing Date: 26 April 1974
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1062181
English Heritage Legacy ID: 193721
Location: Stamford, South Kesteven, Lincolnshire, PE9
Civil Parish: Stamford
Built-Up Area: Stamford
Traditional County: Lincolnshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Lincolnshire
Church of England Parish: Stamford St Mary
Church of England Diocese: Lincoln
ST MARY'S HILL
1849. Architect, Edward Browning. 2 storeys and attics in small coursed rubble
with ashlar dressings and rusticated quoins. Mansard roof of stone slates. 2
elaborately moulded Dutch gables with finials. Each has 1 sash window below a
moulded label, no glazing bars, parapet and cornice, Gabled sections continue
down and break forward with 2 windows of 2 lights, moulded label, rusticated architraves.
Ground floor projects with 2 windows of 3 lights with stone mullions, 4-centred
Forms a group with the Bridge St Martin's and fine Riverside Club with which
it is one composition.
Also forms a group with No 5 and the Bridge, St Martin's.
Listing NGR: TF0304206955
Other nearby listed buildings