This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 52.8132 / 52°48'47"N
Longitude: -0.5161 / 0°30'58"W
OS Eastings: 500108
OS Northings: 324996
OS Grid: TF001249
Mapcode National: GBR FSS.NB2
Mapcode Global: WHGL4.1KH5
Entry Name: 15 and 17, Church Street
Listing Date: 15 December 1986
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1062849
English Heritage Legacy ID: 194050
Location: Corby Glen, South Kesteven, Lincolnshire, NG33
District: South Kesteven
Civil Parish: Corby Glen
Built-Up Area: Corby Glen
Traditional County: Lincolnshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Lincolnshire
Church of England Parish: Corby St John the Evangelist
Church of England Diocese: Lincoln
CORBY GLEN CHURCH STREET
TF 02 SW (north side)
6/76 Nos.15 and 17
Former rectory, now 2 cottages. 1619, extended 1697, C19 and C20
remodelling. Coursed squared limestone rubble, ashlar dressings,
Collyweston slate roof having raised stone coped gables with ball
finials, one axial stone stack with cornice plus single wall
stack. L-plan. Single storey with attics, 4 bay front, the right
hand bay is advanced and gabled. Off-centre planked door, this
and the door to the right hand range are both covered by wooden
pent roofed hoods. The door is flanked by single 3 light glazing
bar windows and beyond to the right is a further similar window.
To first floor is a single 2 light similar window. All windoows
are C19 with chamfered ashlar lintels and cornices. The gabled
dormers have 2 light glazing bar casements and rendered cheeks.
In the right hand gable is an ashlar datestone inscribed "1619"
and in the main range an inscribed stone "1697 William Stilton".
A glebe terrier of 1708 describes this house as the Rectory, and
Stilton was vicar and master at the Grammar School. Source:
Listing NGR: TF0010824996
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings