History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

The Hall

A Grade II Listed Building in Reston, Lincolnshire

We don't have any photos of this building yet. Why don't you be the first to send us one?

Upload Photo »

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »

Coordinates

Latitude: 53.3274 / 53°19'38"N

Longitude: 0.1104 / 0°6'37"E

OS Eastings: 540644

OS Northings: 383246

OS Grid: TF406832

Mapcode National: GBR YY6Y.PX

Mapcode Global: WHJL5.NMRG

Plus Code: 9F5284G6+X4

Entry Name: The Hall

Listing Date: 9 March 1967

Last Amended: 9 July 1986

Grade: II

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1062987

English Heritage Legacy ID: 195638

Location: Reston, East Lindsey, Lincolnshire, LN11

County: Lincolnshire

Civil Parish: Reston

Traditional County: Lincolnshire

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Lincolnshire

Church of England Parish: Strubby Wold Marsh St Oswald

Church of England Diocese: Lincoln

Find accommodation in
Little Carlton

Description

TF 48 SW
4/34

SOUTH RESTON
off MAIN STREET (north side)
The Hall

(formerly listed as South Reston Hall)

9.3.67

II
Farmhouse. Late C17, altered and extended early C18, c.1800, C19 and minor C20 alterations. Lined stucco on brick, slate and pantile roofs with stone coped gables and central large brick ridge stack and external gable stack to rear. T-plan.

Two storey with garret, three bay front having plinth and slightly off-centre C20 door, flanked by single tripartite windows with splayed lintels and keystones. To first floor a dummy window over the door is flanked by single glazing bar sashes. All first floor openings are semi-circular headed with imposts and keyblocks. To the left is a lower single bay two storey C19 addition in yellow brick with bordered sashes. In the gable end to the right is a tripartite window, semi-circular headed window to first floor and a keyed circular garret light.

In the rear wing is a half glazed door with pedimented hood on brackets and above a small semi-circular headed light. To the right is a full height canted Venetian bay window with lead roof, dentillated cornice, fluted surround, keyblock and imposts.

Interior retains dogleg stair with two stout turned and knopped balusters per tread and moulded handrail.

Listing NGR: TF4064483246

Recommended Books

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.