This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
We don't have any photos of this building yet. Why don't you be the first to send us one?
Latitude: 53.1866 / 53°11'11"N
Longitude: -0.0412 / 0°2'28"W
OS Eastings: 530983
OS Northings: 367292
OS Grid: TF309672
Mapcode National: GBR JSY.8D7
Mapcode Global: WHHKR.B5MD
Entry Name: Church of All Saints
Listing Date: 14 September 1966
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1062996
English Heritage Legacy ID: 195658
Location: Hameringham, East Lindsey, Lincolnshire, LN9
District: East Lindsey
Civil Parish: Hameringham
Traditional County: Lincolnshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Lincolnshire
Church of England Parish: Hameringham All Saints
Church of England Diocese: Lincoln
FORTY THIRD LIST OF BUILDINGS OF SPECIAL ARCHITECTURAL OR HISTORIC INTEREST
COMPILED UNDER SECTION 54 OF THE TOWN AND COUNTRY PLANNING ACT 1971
TF 36 NW HAMERINGHAM CHURCH LANE
5/1 Church of All
Parish church. c.1200, late C14, mid Cl9, heavily restored 1893
by Hodgson Fowler. Greenstone rubble blocks, rendered brick,
limestone ashlar and red sandstone dressings. Plain tile, lead
and slate roofs with stone coped gables and cross finials. C19
west bell turret with slate hung rectangular base, wooden slatted
bell openings, pyramidal slate roof with finial and weathervane.
Nave with west bell turret and south porch, chancel. Plinth runs
round entire church. West front with C19 pointed window with 2
pointed, cusped lights, panel tracery and hood mould. Slit light
above in gable. 2 stage buttress defines south aisle's west front
to right. North side of nave with rectangular west jamb of
blocked doorway. Pointed C19 window to left with 3 cusped, ogee
headed lights and flowing tracery. 3 stage red brick buttress
beyond. Rendered brick mid C19 chancel with pointed east window
with 3 pointed, cusped lights, panel tracery, hood mould and head
label stops. South side of nave with medieval plinth and moulded
string course. 2 pointed windows, each with 2 ogee headed,
cusped lights with flowing tracery. Gabled C19 porch to west
with pointed doorway with continuous bowtell moulded surround and
hood mould. Inner C19 doorway with pointed head, continuous
moulded surround and plank door. C14 pointed window to west with
2 cusped, ogee headed lights with flowing tracery. 3 bay south
arcade of c.1200 with pointed, double chamfered heads, octagonal
piers, thaat to the west of green sandstone, that ot east of
limestone and with crocket capital; eastern-most bay with hood
mould and single head label stop to west. C19 chancel arch with
double chamfered head, the inner order with polygonal corbels.
Pointed piscina of c.1200 to east of south doorway. C19 roofs.
C20 pews, altar rail and altar. C15 octagonal pulpit with cusped
panels containing shields, pedestal with panel traceried panels
and figures, including angels.
Listing NGR: TF3098367292
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.