This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
We don't have any photos of this building yet. Why don't you be the first to send us one?
Latitude: 53.2088 / 53°12'31"N
Longitude: -0.1139 / 0°6'50"W
OS Eastings: 526057
OS Northings: 369635
OS Grid: TF260696
Mapcode National: GBR JSG.VBN
Mapcode Global: WHHKJ.7L0W
Entry Name: Warehouse
Listing Date: 25 March 1987
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1062999
English Heritage Legacy ID: 195668
Location: Horncastle, East Lindsey, Lincolnshire, LN9
District: East Lindsey
Civil Parish: Horncastle
Built-Up Area: Horncastle
Traditional County: Lincolnshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Lincolnshire
Church of England Parish: Horncastle Group
Church of England Diocese: Lincoln
TF 2669 HORNCASTLE BANKS STREET
Warehouse. 1890. Red brick with limestone ashlar dressings.
Pantile roof with ornate, stepped, ashlar coped gable with
kneelers and 3 pyramidal ashlar finials. 4 storeys, 3 bay south
front with central large rectangular opening with moulded brick
surround and large partially glazed double doors with glazing
bars. Moulded ashlar string course above. First floor with
central doorway with basket arch, brick moulded surround, ornate
ashlar keystone, overlight with glazing bars and plank door.
Single flanking windows with moulded brick surrounds, ornate
raised keystones and 2 light casements with fixed glazing bar
overlights. Moulded ashlar string course above. 2 brick
pilasters with ashlar bands rise from above the keystones of the
first floor windows, through the second and third floors to the
base of the flanking pyramidal finials. Second floor with 2
small windows with segmental heads, moulded brick keystones and
fixed glazing bars with small casements. They flank a projecting
wood and cast iron pulley. Third floor with central window with
ashlar ogee shaped plaque below, segmental head, fragmentary
glazing bar casement and pilaster with ashlar bands rising from
moulded brick keystone to central pyramidal finial above. Window
flanked by 4 ties in the form of the date "1890".
Listing NGR: TF2605769635
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings