This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 53.4511 / 53°27'4"N
Longitude: 0.1343 / 0°8'3"E
OS Eastings: 541824
OS Northings: 397051
OS Grid: TF418970
Mapcode National: GBR YXCJ.VL
Mapcode Global: WHJKM.1J64
Entry Name: Anglican Cemetery Chapel
Listing Date: 17 November 1986
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1063051
English Heritage Legacy ID: 195482
Location: North Somercotes, East Lindsey, Lincolnshire, LN11
District: East Lindsey
Civil Parish: North Somercotes
Built-Up Area: North Somercotes
Traditional County: Lincolnshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Lincolnshire
Church of England Parish: North and South Somercotes St Mary
Church of England Diocese: Lincoln
NORTH SOMERCOTES CEMETERY ROAD
TF 49 NW
2/40 Anglican Cemetery
Anglican cemetery chapel. 1879. Red brick, some stock brick,
limestone ashlar dressings. Steeply pitched hipped slate roofs
with stock brick eaves. Rectangular plan with apsidal south end.
Stock brick dressed plinth runs round entire chapel. 3 bay north
front with 4 regularly spaced 2 stage buttresses with ashlar set-
offs. Central bay projects slightly and rises to gable broken
through by tall bellcote with steeply pitched gable, pointed bell
opening with hood mould and bell, stock brick decoration.
Central doorway with pointed head, moulded double chamfered
surround, hood mould and plank door. Plaque above doorway
inscribed 'AD 1879'. Doorway flanked by single pointed windows
with stock brick surrounds and ashlar hoodmoulds with stock brick
bands above and below. East and west sides each with 2 stock
brick bands and 2 pointed windows with stock brick surrounds and
ashlar hood moulds, alternating with 3 two stage buttresses with
ashlar set-offs. Apsidal south end with 2 stock brick bands and
3 pointed windows with stock brick surrounds and ashlar hood
moulds, alternating with 4 two stage buttresses with ashlar set-
offs. Interior with 2 ashlar bands running round entire chapel.
Multi-timbered hip roof. Contemporary altar, pulpit and pews.
Listing NGR: TF4182497051
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings