This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
We don't have any photos of this building yet. Why don't you be the first to send us one?
Latitude: 53.2922 / 53°17'32"N
Longitude: -0.635 / 0°38'5"W
OS Eastings: 491085
OS Northings: 378121
OS Grid: SK910781
Mapcode National: GBR SZ0C.BJ
Mapcode Global: WHGHR.6HWY
Entry Name: Church of All Saints
Listing Date: 30 November 1966
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1064095
English Heritage Legacy ID: 196971
Location: Broxholme, West Lindsey, Lincolnshire, LN1
District: West Lindsey
Civil Parish: Broxholme
Traditional County: Lincolnshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Lincolnshire
Church of England Parish: Saxilby St Botolph
Church of England Diocese: Lincoln
SK 97 SW BROXHOLME CHURCH LANE
4/7 Church of
30-11-66 All Saints
Parish church. 1857 by T.C. Hine. Rock faced ashlar, stone coped
gables and slate roofs. Nave, chancel, south porch, north
chapel, south west bell tower. West end has 3 buttresses and a
plinth with paired lancets, above is a trefoil light in a
circular surround. At the south west angle an octagonal bell
tower rises above a smaller lancet and has cusped lights in
ashlar surrounds with a pointed roof. North wall of nave has a
single lancet and a 2 light window with quatrefoil over. The
north chapel has in its west wall a single lancet and to the
north wall is one 2 light window and a further single lancet.
The chapel has 2 gables to this side. To the east wall of the
chapel is a single lancet. The chancel east wall has a 3 light
window with a cusped quatrefoil in the head. Chancel south wall
has a pointed and single chamfered priest's door with elaborate
ironwork flanked by single lancets. Nave south wall has one 2
light window and a single lancet. The south porch has an outer
pointed chamfered doorway and single ogee headed side lights.
The inner doorway matches the outer. All windows have cusped
tracery to the heads, hood moulds and decorative label stops.
Interior. Pointed chancel arch with double chamfers, octagonal
responds and capitals, double chamfered pointed arch dying into
the reveals to the north chapel. Texts are painted over the
south doorway, the chancel arch and the priest's door. North
chapel is divided into 2 parts, the eastern chamber is continuous
with the choir and the western chamber contains pews. Between
them is a 2 light opening with Early English style shafts and
pointed heads. The eastern chamber is entered by a second
pointed arch from the chancel. All fittings, including the
unusual altar table supported on turned balusters, choir stalls
and lectern are 1857.
Listing NGR: SK9108578121
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings