History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

The Old School

A Grade II Listed Building in Blankney, Lincolnshire

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »
Street View
Contributor Photos »

Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.

Coordinates

Latitude: 53.1281 / 53°7'41"N

Longitude: -0.4055 / 0°24'19"W

OS Eastings: 506784

OS Northings: 360185

OS Grid: TF067601

Mapcode National: GBR GQD.SBY

Mapcode Global: WHGJM.RM2R

Entry Name: The Old School

Listing Date: 12 October 1987

Grade: II

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1064286

English Heritage Legacy ID: 358278

Location: Blankney, North Kesteven, Lincolnshire, LN4

County: Lincolnshire

District: North Kesteven

Civil Parish: Blankney

Traditional County: Lincolnshire

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Lincolnshire

Church of England Parish: Blankney St Oswald

Church of England Diocese: Lincoln

Find accommodation in
Metheringham

Listing Text

BLAKNEY MAIN STREET
TF 0660 (east side)

7/7
The Old school

GV II

School, now parish room. 1848 by W A Nicholson. Coursed limestone rubble with
ashlar dressings. Slate roof with ashlar coped gables and moulded kneelers. A
pair of octagonal Tudor style white brick ridge stacks. White brick plinth. T-
plan. Single storey. Main, east front, 5 bays with off-centre doorway, with
cont;emporary door, and ashlar moulded 4 centred arched surround. To the left, three
3-light recessed and chamfered mullion windows topped with curved gables which
project through the eaves and are surmounted by 3 ball finials each. To the right
a slightly projecting single gabled bay, with a large 3-light recessed and chamfered
cross mullion windows under a dripmould. The north 2 bay front, has another 4
centred arched doorway to the left and to the right a large 4-light recessed and
chamfered cross mullion square bay window with stone hipped roof. Above, on the
roof is a wooden bell canopy with a pyramidal fishscale tile hipped roof. This
building is part of the complete estate village erected by the Chaplin family of
Blankney Hall.


Listing NGR: TF0678460185

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.