This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 51.4242 / 51°25'27"N
Longitude: -0.1167 / 0°7'0"W
OS Eastings: 531034
OS Northings: 171150
OS Grid: TQ310711
Mapcode National: GBR FZ.56Q
Mapcode Global: VHGRC.XGNJ
Entry Name: Villa on South West Corner of St Michaels Convent (Formerly Known As Park Hill)
Listing Date: 27 March 1981
Last Amended: 6 November 1998
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1064936
English Heritage Legacy ID: 204694
Location: Lambeth, London, SW16
Electoral Ward/Division: Streatham Wells
Built-Up Area: Lambeth
Traditional County: Surrey
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Greater London
Church of England Parish: Streatham Immanuel and Saint Andrew
Church of England Diocese: Southwark
TQ 3171 STRAETHAM COMMON NORTH, SW16
963/35/333 Villa on South West corner of St
Michael's Convent (formerly
27.03.1981 Known as Park Hill)
Stucco villa of circa 1835. Two storeys and sunk basement; 5 windows on south (entrance) front. Pilasters and entablatures to both floors. Moulded architraves to sash windows with cornices over, those on ground floor console bracketed with Greek fret friezes and vermiculate aprons. Prostyle porch with paired Ionic columns, now glazed in. Classical porte-cochere added 1880. West front of 3 bays: wide central 3-window bow has screens of Ionic order on ground floor and near-Byzantine Order with square columns above; balustrading between columns and
swags over first floor windows; long ground floor casements have 2 flights of marble steps flanked by naturalistic crouching lions; patterned wrought-iron basement grille. Rich interior has original plaster cornices with many Greek or classical ornamental motifs, enriched ceilings and woodwork. Hall has screen of 2 Doric columns. Stairwell has curved staircase with cast iron patterned balustrade, screen of square columns all around first floor and top light with patterned coving and a band of figures above first floor entablature. Inner hall has pilaster bay divisions and entablature, as has main west room with an Ionic screen to the bow and carved marble fireplace.
Listing NGR: TQ3103471150
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings