This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 52.3316 / 52°19'53"N
Longitude: -0.9004 / 0°54'1"W
OS Eastings: 475024
OS Northings: 270954
OS Grid: SP750709
Mapcode National: GBR BV3.TCR
Mapcode Global: VHDRL.BNTH
Entry Name: The Manor House
Listing Date: 2 November 1954
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1067635
English Heritage Legacy ID: 360077
Location: Brixworth, Daventry, Northamptonshire, NN6
Civil Parish: Brixworth
Built-Up Area: Brixworth
Traditional County: Northamptonshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Northamptonshire
Church of England Parish: Brixworth All Saints
Church of England Diocese: Peterborough
SP77SE BRIXWORTH HARBOROUGH ROAD
5/89 The Manor House
Manor House - Late C16. Lias and limestone, coursed rubble with slate roof,
2-unit, L-plan. 2 storeys with attic. Gable on front with lean-to entrance
area and C20 door to right. 4-light stone mullion windows to ground and first
floor and 3-light stone mullions to second floor. Rear gable similar with
2 and 3-light stone mullion windows. C19 lean-to attached. Right gable has
early C19 sashes with glazing bars. Gabled roofs with ashlar gable parapets
and brick and stone stacks. Interior: Drawing room, left of entrance has
large C17 fireplace with 4-centred head and moulded spendrels. Winder stair-
case in hall to rear of Drawing room has continuous central wooden newel to
floor level, with splat balusters and moulded handrail: probably early C17.
Carpenters marks on balusters. Second floor south room has C17 fireplace
with 4-centred head and moulded spandrels.
Reputed to date from 1580 and to have been built for the Saunders family with
historical connections with Treshan family. There was probably a second
flanking cross wing.
(Reseach by Mrs. Fuller (owner 1984) at County Records Office).
Listing NGR: SP7502470954
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings