This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 50.9518 / 50°57'6"N
Longitude: 0.9069 / 0°54'24"E
OS Eastings: 604271
OS Northings: 120953
OS Grid: TR042209
Mapcode National: GBR T0L.83M
Mapcode Global: FRA D6SL.H4Y
Entry Name: Church of All Saints
Listing Date: 28 November 1950
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1068932
English Heritage Legacy ID: 175193
Location: Lydd, Shepway, Kent, TN29
Civil Parish: Lydd
Built-Up Area: Lydd
Traditional County: Kent
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Kent
CHURCH OF ALL SAINTS
The Parish Church of Lydd, called the Cathedral of the Marsh. There are the remains of a Saxon Basilica in the north west corner. The Chancel and the 3 easternmost bays of the nave are early English and the 3 westermost bays and tower are C15. The exterior is built of ragstone rubble with a tiled roof. The tower is crenellated and has 4 crockets. Lierne vaulting inside. Nave and aisles. Fine C15 king-post roof supported by carvel corbels. 2 piscinas and a sedilia. Restored chancel roof. C16 memorial to Thomas Godfrey and an effigy of Sir Walter de Meryl, Lord of the Manor of Jacques Court. Brasses. Mid C18 font.
Listing NGR: TR0427120954
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings