This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 54.1567 / 54°9'24"N
Longitude: -2.6003 / 2°36'1"W
OS Eastings: 360895
OS Northings: 473596
OS Grid: SD608735
Mapcode National: GBR BN8C.VP
Mapcode Global: WH94W.1S19
Entry Name: The Old Vicarage
Listing Date: 4 December 1985
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1071641
English Heritage Legacy ID: 182478
Location: Tunstall, Lancaster, Lancashire, LA6
Civil Parish: Tunstall
Traditional County: Lancashire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Lancashire
Church of England Parish: Tunstall St John the Baptist and Melling St Wilfred and Leck St Peter
Church of England Diocese: Blackburn
SD 67 SW
5/179 The Old Vicarage
House, formerly vicarage, 1736. Sandstone rubble with slate roof. 2
storeys, 3 bays, with chamfered quoins. Windows have flat-faced mullions,
and surrounds with a slight chamfer. All are of 2 lights except for those
to the outer bays on the ground floor, which are of 3 lights. Above the
central 1st floor window is a plaque inscribed: 'WW 1736'. Gable chimneys.
The doorway is towards the rear of the left-hand gable wall, through a
porch in the angle with a rear wing. The outer doorway has a surround with
a cyma moulding which forms an ogee shape on the lintel.
Listing NGR: SD6080373528
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings