History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

Ye Olde Farm House, Middleton Tower Holiday Camp

A Grade II Listed Building in Middleton, Lancashire

We don't have any photos of this building yet. Why don't you be the first to send us one?

Upload Photo »

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »


Latitude: 54.0155 / 54°0'55"N

Longitude: -2.9003 / 2°54'0"W

OS Eastings: 341105

OS Northings: 458097

OS Grid: SD411580

Mapcode National: GBR 8Q50.W9

Mapcode Global: WH84C.FB4H

Entry Name: Ye Olde Farm House, Middleton Tower Holiday Camp

Listing Date: 2 May 1968

Last Amended: 7 March 1985

Grade: II

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1071770

English Heritage Legacy ID: 182186

Location: Middleton, Lancaster, Lancashire, LA3

County: Lancashire

District: Lancaster

Civil Parish: Middleton

Traditional County: Lancashire

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Lancashire

Church of England Parish: Overton St Helen

Church of England Diocese: Blackburn

Find accommodation in

Listing Text


7/122 Ye Olde Farm House, Middleton
2.5.1968 Tower Holiday Camp
(Formerly isted as Old
Farmhouse at Middleton
Tower under General)

House, now partly used as bar, late C17th and 1844, altered. Rendered rubble
with slate roof. 2 storeys. Main range faces north-east and has a projecting
gabled wing. To its right are 3 bays. The left-hand one has a blocked
ground-floor window and a rebated and chamfered surround above. The middle
bay has rebated and chamfered mullioned windows, of 3 lights on the ground
floor and with one mullion remaining on the 1st floor. At the right the
ground floor is blank and the 1st floor has a window with plain reveals.
Chimney to right of 2nd bay. To the left of the wing are 2 bays. On the
ground floor are a large window at the left and a door, both with modern
timber surrounds. On the 1st floor the windows have chamfered stone
surrounds, the left-hand one being sashed with glazing bars. Chimney on
left-hand gable and between bays. The gable wall of the projecting wing has a
large 6-light mullioned and transomed window on the ground floor, and a cross
window above, both with hoods. Under the apex is a plaque inscribed
'GDS (?) 1844'. At the rear are 3 gabled wings, the left-hand one having a
chamfered surround with battlemented lintel inscribed: '1676 IBE'. Interior
not fully accessible at time of survey.

Listing NGR: SD4110558097

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Recommended Books

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.