History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

Allanson Hall

A Grade II Listed Building in Adlington, Lancashire

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »
Street View
Contributor Photos »

Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.

Coordinates

Latitude: 53.6153 / 53°36'55"N

Longitude: -2.6105 / 2°36'37"W

OS Eastings: 359708

OS Northings: 413372

OS Grid: SD597133

Mapcode National: GBR BV6M.MQ

Mapcode Global: WH97K.WD28

Entry Name: Allanson Hall

Listing Date: 21 February 1984

Grade: II

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1072624

English Heritage Legacy ID: 357524

Location: Adlington, Chorley, Lancashire, PR7

County: Lancashire

District: Chorley

Civil Parish: Adlington

Traditional County: Lancashire

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Lancashire

Church of England Parish: Adlington St Paul

Church of England Diocese: Blackburn

Find accommodation in
Chorley

Listing Text

SD 51 SE ADLINGTON off HESTHOUGHTON ROAD

8/10 Allanson Hall
-
GV II


Farmhouse, dated 1618, later extended and altered, now 3 dwellings. Stone
plinth, brick (rendered in parts), roofs of stone slates and corrugated
sheet. Two chimney stacks, one external to rear wall, other at gable of
rear extension. Roughly T-shaped plan, extensions having been added to
front and rear of original 3-bay house, the latter of these separately
roofed with corrugated sheet. Two storeys; original front (facing south)
formed of coupled 2-storey projections topped by moulded stone copings
with kneelers which have stone ball finials; that on left has been
rendered and altered, the other is a porch with stone lintel lettered in
relief
A XR V
G. A 1618

and contains stone benches and moulded inner doorcase. Projecting
extension to right, which has stone quoins, is now flat-roofed and altered.
Stone band at 1st floor of whole front; all windows altered. Rear wall has
large attached chimney stack, and outshut housing staircase in re-entrant to
large rear extension. Right return wall, incorporating gable of original
house and sides of both extensions, has various altered windows and doors,
bands (on 2 levels in the gable), and is rendered (and scored at ground
floor). Interior: good staircase of C17 type, and at 1st floor of rear
wing an unusually complete example of early C18 panelling with fluted
Doric pilasters.


Listing NGR: SD5970813372

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.