This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 53.6169 / 53°37'0"N
Longitude: -2.7174 / 2°43'2"W
OS Eastings: 352638
OS Northings: 413615
OS Grid: SD526136
Mapcode National: GBR 9VGM.H5
Mapcode Global: WH86D.7C71
Entry Name: Church of St James
Listing Date: 19 August 1988
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1073009
English Heritage Legacy ID: 357871
Location: Wrightington, West Lancashire, Lancashire, WN6
District: West Lancashire
Civil Parish: Wrightington
Traditional County: Lancashire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Lancashire
Church of England Parish: Wrightington with Heskin St James the Great
Church of England Diocese: Blackburn
WRIGHTINGTON CHURCH LANE
SD 51 SW
5/95 Church of St James
Church. 1857 by E.G. Paley. Snecked sandstone rubble with slate roof.
Comprises a nave, south aisle and porch, and lower chancel. West wall has
wheel window and gabled bellcote. North wall of nave of 4 bays which have
paired lancets and are separated by buttresses. South aisle has 3 bays to
east of porch with similar windows. Outer porch doorway is chamfered in 2
orders. Chancel has 2 lancet windows to south and triple stepped lancets
at east. Interior: 4-bay arcade of pointed arches chamfered in 2 orders
springing from alternate round and octagonal piers. Open timber roof.
Listing NGR: SD5263813615
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings