This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 53.8304 / 53°49'49"N
Longitude: -2.2679 / 2°16'4"W
OS Eastings: 382464
OS Northings: 437159
OS Grid: SD824371
Mapcode National: GBR DSL4.SN
Mapcode Global: WHB7Q.4Z9F
Entry Name: Church of St Anne
Listing Date: 29 January 1988
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1073347
English Heritage Legacy ID: 186363
Location: Old Laund Booth, Pendle, Lancashire, BB12
Civil Parish: Old Laund Booth
Built-Up Area: Fence
Traditional County: Lancashire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Lancashire
Church of England Parish: Fence-in-Pendle St Anne
Church of England Diocese: Blackburn
SD 83 NW OLD LAUND BOOTH
10/202 Church of St Anne
Church, 1837. Architect unknown. Dressed stone with stone slate roof. West
tower, nave and chancel with small south porch, vestry. In simple Lancet Gothic.
Tower of 3 stages with diagonal buttresses, steeply pointed north doorway and
lancets with splayed surround in each face. Buttresses end below string and
belfry is plain with single lancet to each face. Embattled parapet. Wide nave
of six bays, with diagonal corner buttresses and others separating the tall
single lancets. Eaves on brackets. Steeply pointed doorway and porch in 1st
bay, gabled with wide bracketed eaves. Narrower one-bay chancel with only
eastern window, of 3 stepped lancets, and small vestry with octagonal chimney.
INTERIOR: Plain flat panelled ceiling on slight braces. West gallery on iron
columns. East window by Kempe, c1890, showing Christ the King flanked by St
Anne and St Mary.
Listing NGR: SD8246437159
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings