This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 52.7514 / 52°45'5"N
Longitude: -1.4225 / 1°25'21"W
OS Eastings: 439075
OS Northings: 317248
OS Grid: SK390172
Mapcode National: GBR 6H2.F62
Mapcode Global: WHDHT.33WH
Entry Name: Church of St Mary
Listing Date: 24 November 1965
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1073571
English Heritage Legacy ID: 187768
Location: Coleorton, North West Leicestershire, Leicestershire, LE67
Civil Parish: Coleorton
Traditional County: Leicestershire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Leicestershire
Church of England Parish: Coleorton St Mary the Virgin
Church of England Diocese: Leicester
SK 31 NE COLEORTON ASHBY ROAD
3/1 Church of St. Mary
Parish Church, C14 and C15, restored c1850. Coursed squared rubble. West
tower with fine recessed spire, and traceried lights, and round stair turret.
Perpendicular south aisle, with polygonal stair tower at west end, and cornice
with carved decorative heads. This, and the decorated window tracery look
like C19 renewal. Windows have hood-moulds, externally, some with corbel
heads. Ball flower cornice to north aisle. Arcaded interior has various
pieces of Flemish and English C17 woodwork, and in the west window, stained
glass of C1500 brought from Rouen by Sir George Beaumont, also a monument to
Sir Thomas Beaumont, d. 1607 of alabaster with reclining effigies in a recess.
Listing NGR: SK3907517248
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings