This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 52.6326 / 52°37'57"N
Longitude: -1.1395 / 1°8'22"W
OS Eastings: 458335
OS Northings: 304219
OS Grid: SK583042
Mapcode National: GBR FFL.F5
Mapcode Global: WHDJJ.G3M3
Entry Name: Tower at west end of former S D Strettons and Sons Limited Factory
Listing Date: 14 March 1975
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1074065
English Heritage Legacy ID: 188591
Location: Leicester, LE1
County: City of Leicester
Electoral Ward/Division: Castle
Built-Up Area: Leicester
Traditional County: Leicestershire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Leicestershire
Church of England Parish: Leicester St Mary de Castro
Church of England Diocese: Leicester
This list entry was subject to a Minor Amendment on 11/05/2018
SK 5804 SW
No 61, Heritage House
Tower at west end of former S.D Strettons and Sons Ltd factory.
(Formerly listed as Tower at west end of S.D Strettons and Sons Ltd Factory, Castle Street).
1890. Architect possibly Bedingfield. Tall red brick tower, rectangular on plan, rising one storey and attic above four storey and basement factory, and attached to factory. Octagonal corner turrets corbelled out with trefoil headed parelled sides and stone trefoil-headed windows, rising into steep-pitched chateau-style roof with pinnacles. Stone entrance feature with moulded three-central arch with carving over, side lights and stone mullion window over. Groups well with Church of St Mary-de-Castro.
All the listed buildings in Castle Street, Castle View and Castle Yard together with Skeffington House, the Iron Gates, Chantry House and Newarke Wall all in The Newarke form a group.
Listing NGR: SK5833504219
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings