History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

Fawsley Hall, Stable Block

A Grade II Listed Building in Fawsley, Northamptonshire

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »
Street View
Contributor Photos »

Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.

Coordinates

Latitude: 52.2069 / 52°12'24"N

Longitude: -1.1791 / 1°10'44"W

OS Eastings: 456193

OS Northings: 256836

OS Grid: SP561568

Mapcode National: GBR 8SM.NQ3

Mapcode Global: VHCVK.JS0K

Entry Name: Fawsley Hall, Stable Block

Listing Date: 18 January 1958

Last Amended: 24 February 1987

Grade: II

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1075282

English Heritage Legacy ID: 360571

Location: Fawsley, Daventry, Northamptonshire, NN11

County: Northamptonshire

District: Daventry

Civil Parish: Fawsley

Traditional County: Northamptonshire

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Northamptonshire

Church of England Parish: Fawsley St Mary the Virgin

Church of England Diocese: Peterborough

Find accommodation in
Badby

Listing Text

FAWSLEY
SP55NE
5/81 Fawsley Hall, stable block
18/01/58 (Formerly listed as Stable block
at Fawsley Hall)
GV II
Stable block. Early C18. Red brick with limestone dressings, old tile roof.
U-plan. 2 storeys; 7-window range. Principal front to park has central round
arched carriageway with stone surround, imposts and keyblock, now blocked
Windows to ground and first floors have stone sills and gauged brick lintels
with C20 frames to ground floor, moulded stone cornice, stone coped brick
parapet. Hipped roof and central timber clock turret on roof ridge with open
octagonal arcaded cupola on square base with pyramidal lead roof, ball finial
and fine wrought-iron weathervane. Projecting wings to rear, enclosing stable
court, 3 windows deep. Windows have segmental leads to this side and to side
away from house. Segmental brick carriage arch, blocked 6-panel door in middle
of sides facing courtyard. Outside stair to first floor left of arch. Used as a
furniture workshop; no original fittings preserved. Attributed to Francis Smith
of Warwick.
(Buildings of England: Northants, p.215).


Listing NGR: SP5619356836

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Selected Sources

Source links go to a search for the specified title at Amazon. Availability of the title is dependent on current publication status. You may also want to check AbeBooks, particularly for older titles.

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.