This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 53.4293 / 53°25'45"N
Longitude: -2.812 / 2°48'43"W
OS Eastings: 346143
OS Northings: 392810
OS Grid: SJ461928
Mapcode National: GBR 8XTS.0D
Mapcode Global: WH879.S24B
Entry Name: Clock Face Public House
Listing Date: 19 March 1951
Last Amended: 19 March 1987
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1075502
English Heritage Legacy ID: 215289
Location: Prescot, Knowsley, L34
Civil Parish: Prescot
Built-Up Area: Prescot
Traditional County: Lancashire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Merseyside
Church of England Parish: Prescot St Mary
Church of England Diocese: Liverpool
PRESCOT DERBY STREET
SJ 49 SE
6/31 Nos. 52 and 54
House and public house. Early C19 with facing c.1830.
Brick with stone dressings and facing, slate roof. Main
facade of No. 54 at right angle to street; 2 storeys, 5
irregular bays. 1st floor sill band and top cornice and
parapet with wreaths, and panel with flanking acroteria to
entrance bay. Panelled pilasters to ends. Ground floor has
canted bay window to 1st bay, other 2 bays have segmental-
headed windows with tripartite sashes. 1st floor windows
have architraves, that to entrance bay has frieze and
consoled cornice. All windows are sashed with glazing bars.
Entrance to 2nd bay has glazed doorcase with complete
overlight and 4-fielded-panel door. Distyle-in-antis Ionic
porch. 4 stacks. Stone-coped brick wall to right has gate
and stone gatepiers with incised lines and pediments. Right
return to street of 5 bays, the 1st 2 are to No. 54 and are
higher, with cornice and parapet. 1st floor sill band.
Windows have, wedge lintels and are sashed. Elliptical-
headed entrances have inset Doric doorcases with fluted
friezes, complete fanlights and 6-panel doors. No. 52 has
casements to ground floor and two 1st floor windows are
boarded (1985). No. 54 was built as Dower house to Knowsley
estate and was known as West End House.
Listing NGR: SJ4614392810
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings