This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 52.4068 / 52°24'24"N
Longitude: -1.9079 / 1°54'28"W
OS Eastings: 406361
OS Northings: 278755
OS Grid: SP063787
Mapcode National: GBR 3GP.4FN
Mapcode Global: VH9Z8.WR7V
Entry Name: Bell's Farmhouse
Listing Date: 25 April 1952
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1075751
English Heritage Legacy ID: 216766
Location: Birmingham, B14
Electoral Ward/Division: Brandwood
Built-Up Area: Birmingham
Traditional County: Worcestershire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): West Midlands
Church of England Parish: Kings Norton
Church of England Diocese: Birmingham
(formerly listed under
SP 07 NE 17/14 25.4.52
Late C16 to mid C17 substantial farmhouse. Two storeys and attic. Timber
framed with red brick infill, later roughcast. Double gabled front and rear,
the gables slightly jettied at attic level. Old tile roof. Original external
chimney stacks to side elevations with tall coupled stair shaped shafts.
Fenestration consists mainly of C19 wood casements. Central doorway giving
access to axial passage, the door in an architrave (but hood missing). All
main rooms of interior retain C17 panelling although some appears to be reset.
Ground floor right hand room has palmette frieze - upper right hand room
has remains of C17 plaster ceiling in 2 compartments, one with rosette and
guilloche decoration, the other with an original arrangement with lions' masks.
Dog leg staircase with surviving elements of splat balusters. The site of
the house was moated to the west.
Listing NGR: SP0636178755
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings