This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 53.5574 / 53°33'26"N
Longitude: -3.0587 / 3°3'31"W
OS Eastings: 329966
OS Northings: 407275
OS Grid: SD299072
Mapcode National: GBR 7W29.LH
Mapcode Global: WH758.ZVN6
Entry Name: Former Convent of Our Lady
Listing Date: 17 January 1986
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1075863
English Heritage Legacy ID: 216447
Location: Formby, Sefton, L37
Civil Parish: Formby
Built-Up Area: Formby
Traditional County: Lancashire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Merseyside
Church of England Parish: Formby Holy Trinity
Church of England Diocese: Liverpool
FORMBY SCHOOL LANE
SD 20 NE
2/49 Former Convent
of Our Lady
Built as Catholic chapel, 1688, used as barn 1688-1796, then
chapel until 1864, then became cottages and in 1930, a
convent. Roughcast with slate roofs. 2 storeys, 3 bays;
1st bay forms low gabled wing with corresponding wing to
rear. 1st floor drip mould, raised over windows; quoins and
coped gables. Ground floor windows are sashed, with glazing
bars; 1st floor small-paned casements 1st bay wing has 3
small sashed windows above entrance. Left return has plaque
with Blundell (of Ince Blundell) arms and date: 1688. Right
return has gabled porch with entrance to rear, and window
above with tripartite sash. 2 cross-axial stacks.
Reported to have holy water stoups in return porch and
curved 1st floor ceiling.
Listing NGR: SD2996607275
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings