This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 52.5264 / 52°31'35"N
Longitude: -2.0716 / 2°4'17"W
OS Eastings: 395239
OS Northings: 292065
OS Grid: SO952920
Mapcode National: GBR 4S7.NQ
Mapcode Global: VH9YM.1RPL
Entry Name: Office and Store Wm Rounds
Listing Date: 29 September 1987
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1077135
English Heritage Legacy ID: 219262
Location: Sandwell, DY4
Electoral Ward/Division: Tipton Green
Built-Up Area: Tipton
Traditional County: Staffordshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): West Midlands
Church of England Parish: Tipton St Matthew
Church of England Diocese: Lichfield
SANDWELL MB CASTLE STREET (south side)
SO 99 SE
Office & Store at
House, now offices. Circa 1800. Brick in Flemish bond with stone dressings
and hipped slate roof. Main block symmetrical, of two storeys and three bays.
Windows sashed with glazing bars. Stone sills, and lintels with false chamfered
voussoirs and keystones. Eight-panelled door in doorcase with panelled reveals,
engaged Tuscan columns, paterae, and open pediment with fanlight. Dentilled
eaves. Chimneys at both ends of ridge. At the left is a lower two-storey
wing of two bays. The right-hand ground floor window has a lintel with
chamfered false voussoirs. The left-hand bay is covered by later additions
on the ground floor. Between first floor windows is a blank recess. Chimney
on left-hand gable and between bays.
Listing NGR: SO9523992065
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings