This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 52.6016 / 52°36'5"N
Longitude: 0.3781 / 0°22'40"E
OS Eastings: 561146
OS Northings: 303078
OS Grid: TF611030
Mapcode National: GBR N5G.SGS
Mapcode Global: WHJPS.SV6X
Entry Name: The Priory
Listing Date: 24 February 1949
Last Amended: 16 November 1972
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1077188
English Heritage Legacy ID: 221136
Location: Downham Market, King's Lynn and West Norfolk, Norfolk, PE38
District: King's Lynn and West Norfolk
Civil Parish: Downham Market
Built-Up Area: Downham Market
Traditional County: Norfolk
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Norfolk
Church of England Parish: Downham Market
Church of England Diocese: Ely
1. (West Side)
Nos 4 & 6 (The Priory)
(Formerly listed under
TF 60 SW 2/9 24.2.49.
C17 and later No 4 brick, carstone, tiled roof, 2 storey and attics. Irregular
plan, sash and casement windows. Some blocked brick mullion windows. Stepped
gables at west. Brick chimneys with octagonal shaft and moulded base. Front
gabled wing with rustications at ground and 1st floors. Front wall, carstone
with brick cope, and plinth, 4 ft high. Lower wing at south east includes modern
shop at corner, east, No 6, 2 storey and attic, mainly blank front to road,
old tile roof. Knit gable, 1st floor band. Flush frame casement at 1st floor
with glazing bars. 2 flush frame casements at ground floor with glazing bars,
carstone with red brick dressings. NMR photographs.
Nos 4 & 6 form a group with Nos 5 & 7.
Listing NGR: TF6114603078
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings