This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 52.6747 / 52°40'29"N
Longitude: 0.814 / 0°48'50"E
OS Eastings: 590345
OS Northings: 312274
OS Grid: TF903122
Mapcode National: GBR R97.8M7
Mapcode Global: WHKQY.G1V9
Entry Name: Fransham Place
Listing Date: 14 June 1984
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1077470
English Heritage Legacy ID: 220484
Location: Fransham, Breckland, Norfolk, NR19
Civil Parish: Fransham
Traditional County: Norfolk
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Norfolk
Church of England Parish: Fransham Little St Mary
Church of England Diocese: Norwich
TF 91 SW FRANSHAM LITTLE FRANSHAM
10/29 Fransham Place
Former rectory. Circa 1800 and later. Colour washed gault (to front) And
red brick. Some flint, concrete tile and pantile roofs. Main block with
low single storey wings to either side and 2 storey service wing to rear.
3 storeys and 3 bays. with shorter top storey. Sash windows with glazing bars
beneath skewback arches and enclosed within semicircular arches at ground
floor. Central 2-leaf front door with porch of 2 pairs of columns with former
Ionic capitals - now lost. Aedicule window above with consoles, pilasters
and flat hood. Side wings with angle pilasters, moulded cornices, parapets
and single sash windows with glazing bars. Arched stair window in service
wing with radiating glazing bars. Mid C19 extension to service wing with
flint facade and one 2-light Y-traceried Gothic window at first floor.
Interior with some good plasterwork: eggand dart cornices and vine, scrolls.
Apsidal stair with simple square sectioned balusters and swept mahogany hand-
Listing NGR: TF9034512274
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings