This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 52.23 / 52°13'48"N
Longitude: -2.7351 / 2°44'6"W
OS Eastings: 349889
OS Northings: 259344
OS Grid: SO498593
Mapcode National: GBR FK.1N5V
Mapcode Global: VH84W.J6XT
Entry Name: Priory Building at the Old Rectory
Listing Date: 24 July 1954
Last Amended: 29 July 1998
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1077618
English Heritage Legacy ID: 459472
Location: Leominster, County of Herefordshire, HR6
County: County of Herefordshire
Civil Parish: Leominster
Built-Up Area: Leominster
Traditional County: Herefordshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Herefordshire
Church of England Parish: Leominster
Church of England Diocese: Hereford
SO 4959 LEOMINSTER
808-1/1/4 Priory Building at the Old
House, originally part of claustral range of Benedictine monastery. C13-C16 with C19 alterations. Sandstone rubble; Welsh slate roof; 2 large rubble buttress stacks with brick chimneys, to south front. 3 storeys; 4-window range: to left, single lancet; cross window; pointed heads with hood-moulds; to right, two C19 lights with upper casements; eight C19 lights. Two 2-light mullion windows, and part-blocked opening in stone arch; central C20 entrance; two C19 lights; buttresses. 2-storey wing to left; 3 lancet lights in stone reveals, and C19 2-light casement in altered opening; left returned side has various lights with blocked mullion window to gable; early C 19 brickwork to rear. South front: 2 moulded ashlar cross- windows with C19 glazing under cusped heads with hood-moulds, and simple timber hoods; three C20 casements. INTERIOR not inspected, but reported as containing a blocked Tudor fireplace in east end and a blocked C13 doorway in west wall, as well as an early window.
(RCHME: Herefordshire: 114-4 (2), PL.140). (Royal Commission on the Historical Monuments of England), Inventory of Herefordshire III North West, 1934, Page(s) 114-115.
Listing NGR: SO4988959344
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Source links go to a search for the specified title at Amazon. Availability of the title is dependent on current publication status. You may also want to check AbeBooks, particularly for older titles.
Other nearby listed buildings