This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 52.5702 / 52°34'12"N
Longitude: 0.5144 / 0°30'51"E
OS Eastings: 570499
OS Northings: 299900
OS Grid: TL704999
Mapcode National: GBR P7B.YP1
Mapcode Global: WHKR5.WN3G
Entry Name: The Old Chemists Shop
Listing Date: 11 December 1985
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1077737
English Heritage Legacy ID: 221692
Location: Stoke Ferry, King's Lynn and West Norfolk, Norfolk, PE33
District: King's Lynn and West Norfolk
Civil Parish: Stoke Ferry
Built-Up Area: Stoke Ferry
Traditional County: Norfolk
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Norfolk
Church of England Parish: Wretton with Stoke Ferry
Church of England Diocese: Ely
TL 7099 STOKE FERRY HIGH STREET
14/37 The Old Chemists Shop
Shop dated 1824 and late C18 domestic range in L shaped plan. Flint with
gault brick dressings and pantiled roofs. 2 storeys. 3 bay facade to road.
Shop windows on ground floor flank door opening with semi-circular brick arch.
2 first floor sash windows with glazing bars and central blank window. Brick
corbelled eaves, gabled roof, parapet gables with tumbling and end stacks.
West gable with projecting chimney breast carries date stone. One sash window
each floor. Late C18 2 storey south range in 3 bays. 2 casements to ground
floor with glazing bars and segmental brick arches. 3 sash windows to first
floor with glazing bars. Central wall monument to Roger Micklefield, died
1809. Brick corbel eaves below gabled roof. Ridge stack left of centre and
south end stack. Included for group value only.
Listing NGR: TL7049999900
Other nearby listed buildings