This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 52.8867 / 52°53'11"N
Longitude: 0.8 / 0°47'59"E
OS Eastings: 588479
OS Northings: 335804
OS Grid: TF884358
Mapcode National: GBR R6P.516
Mapcode Global: WHKPS.8P5W
Entry Name: Church of All Saints
Listing Date: 5 June 1953
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1077758
English Heritage Legacy ID: 221642
Location: South Creake, King's Lynn and West Norfolk, Norfolk, NR22
District: King's Lynn and West Norfolk
Civil Parish: South Creake
Traditional County: Norfolk
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Norfolk
Church of England Parish: Creake South St Mary
Church of England Diocese: Norwich
This list entry was subject to a Minor Amendment on 05/08/2015
TF 83 NE
Church of All Saints.
Parish Church, now chapel of ease. Perhaps Anglo-Saxon origins, C12 Norman, C13 Early English, and C15 Perpendicular evidence, C16 and later rebuildings and truncations. Rubble flint, brick dressings, clunch, red and black glazed pantiles. Base of collapsed west tower, 3 bay nave with demolished 3 bay south aisle, north porch, 2 bay chancel. North wall of tower only. Clunch west gable with lower single domestic casement and upper stone splayed window, perhaps Anglo-Saxon. Brick quoins, kneelers and parapet. Wooden bellcote. Nave north side has one C13 lancet, one C15 window blocked by c.1600 chamfered brick mullioned and transomed window. South porch has C14 Decorated arch with drip mould and heads, arch dying into splays, stone quoins, brick kneelers and parapet,C17 rebuilding. Inner stone Norman arch with simple imposts and chamfers, repeated in opposed south door. Nave south has 3 built up aisle arches blocked with clunch and 2 inserted c.1600 chamfered brick mullioned and transomed windows with drip mould heads. 3 eaves level windows to both sides with tapered sides and double splays, suggested as Anglo-Saxon but perhaps of c.1600 domestic inspiration. Steeply pitched nave roof with brick dentil eaves cornices. Chancel has single north side lancet, 2 south side windows,one blocked, one with inserted brick lancets, c.1600. East window square headed quadruple brick lancets c.1600. Brick dentil eaves cornice, 2 angle buttresses.
Interior: Simple rounded chancel arch without imposts or chamfer. C14 font, octagonal shaft damaged. Boarded arched roof with simple strut trusses of C17 or C18. Box pews and cut down former decker pulpit. Chancel south side has tracery of blocked C14 window.
Listing NGR: TF8847935804
Other nearby listed buildings