This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 51.5147 / 51°30'53"N
Longitude: -0.1246 / 0°7'28"W
OS Eastings: 530226
OS Northings: 181201
OS Grid: TQ302812
Mapcode National: GBR JC.55
Mapcode Global: VHGQZ.S6G4
Entry Name: Number 22 and Attached Railings
Listing Date: 15 January 1973
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1078289
English Heritage Legacy ID: 477182
Location: Camden, London, WC2H
Electoral Ward/Division: Holborn and Covent Garden
Built-Up Area: Camden
Traditional County: Middlesex
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Greater London
Church of England Parish: St Giles-in-the-Fields
Church of England Diocese: London
TQ3081SW ENDELL STREET
798-1/105/381 (North East side)
and attached railings
Former stained glass studio. 1859. By RJ Withers in Gothic
style. For Lavers and Barraud, makers of stained glass. Red
brick with blue and yellow diapers and bands; stone dressings.
Slated roof with symmetrically arranged gabled dormers and
Lombardic eaves frieze; crowstep gable on Betterton Street
3 storeys and attics. 7 windows; 2-window return. Central
doorway has cusped, truncated arched head and panelled door.
Ground floor and 1st floor sash windows with relieving arches
over and truncated cusped heads except those to the left of
the entrance which are of lancet type. Stone band at 2nd floor
level inscribed "Lavers and Barraud, stained glass works". 2nd
floor and dormer sash windows of lancet type. Gable to
Betterton Street has large pointed arch window containing C20
INTERIOR: not inspected.
SUBSIDIARY FEATURES: attached cast-iron railings to areas.
HISTORICAL NOTE: Lavers and Barrauld were very reputable
manufacturers of Gothic Revival stained glass.
Listing NGR: TQ3022681201
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings