This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
We don't have any photos of this building yet. Why don't you be the first to send us one?
Latitude: 51.9622 / 51°57'43"N
Longitude: -2.3945 / 2°23'40"W
OS Eastings: 372992
OS Northings: 229373
OS Grid: SO729293
Mapcode National: GBR 0H9.TPL
Mapcode Global: VH93P.GY05
Entry Name: Little Place
Listing Date: 18 October 1985
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1078609
English Heritage Legacy ID: 125748
Location: Pauntley, Forest of Dean, Gloucestershire, GL18
District: Forest of Dean
Civil Parish: Pauntley
Traditional County: Gloucestershire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Gloucestershire
Church of England Parish: Pauntley St John the Evangelist
Church of England Diocese: Gloucester
SO 72 NW PAUNTLEY POOL HILL
3/212 Little Place
House; late c17, altered C19, enlarged 1934. Timber-framed,
brick nogging, some wattle and daub internally, thatched, on left:
to right painted brick front, tiled. Four-bay house, lean-to
added to rear, 1934 rear wing forming L-plan: timber-framed 1½
storey, rest 2. Front: single-storey hipped timber-framed lean-
to against chimney base on left: chimney outside main fabric of
building. Three 2-light casement windows in row under
weatherboard, no timber-framing to wall below sill. To right
half-glazed C20 door, 2-light metal casement window, both under
further weatherboard. Single-panel high framing above: 2 swept
dormers, 2-light casements. To right single bay brick section,
C20 half-glazed door on left, up one step, 2-light casement on
right, 2-light casement to first floor; one row club tiles in
roof, brick chimneys on ridge each end: oversailing heads. To
right, slightly set back and down slope, two 2-light casements
ground floor, one first floor: 3 rows club tiles to roof, gable
chimney on right ridge.
Internally, rear wall over whole 4 bays timber-framed, protected by
lean-to rear wing, ground floor down short flight from front.
Fireplace with iron door to oven at left end. Exposed chamfered
floor joists in framed section on left. Six carved C17 panels
incorporated over fireplace in 1934 wing.
Listing NGR: SO7299229373
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings