This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 52.8005 / 52°48'1"N
Longitude: -2.0141 / 2°0'50"W
OS Eastings: 399148
OS Northings: 322549
OS Grid: SJ991225
Mapcode National: GBR 28D.FLT
Mapcode Global: WHBDW.1V6Y
Entry Name: Ruins at Shugborough Hall to North of the House
Listing Date: 17 March 1953
Last Amended: 10 January 1972
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1079640
English Heritage Legacy ID: 443253
Location: Colwich, Stafford, Staffordshire, ST18
Civil Parish: Colwich
Built-Up Area: Great Haywood
Traditional County: Staffordshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Staffordshire
Church of England Parish: Great Haywood St Stephen
Church of England Diocese: Lichfield
Ruins at Shugborough Hall
to North of the House
(formerly listed as
SJ 92 SE 19/21 17.3.53.
Erected in C18 as a romantic ruin and eye-catcher. It incorporates some
details of Tudor date as well as later material and the earlier fragments
may have belonged to the former manor place of the Bishops of Shugborough.
Listing NGR: SJ9914822549
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings