This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 51.495 / 51°29'41"N
Longitude: -0.1201 / 0°7'12"W
OS Eastings: 530597
OS Northings: 179013
OS Grid: TQ305790
Mapcode National: GBR KL.68
Mapcode Global: VHGQZ.VPV9
Entry Name: Church of St Mary
Listing Date: 19 October 1951
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1080380
English Heritage Legacy ID: 204420
Location: Lambeth, London, SE1
Electoral Ward/Division: Bishop's
Built-Up Area: Lambeth
Traditional County: Surrey
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Greater London
Church of England Parish: North Lambeth
Church of England Diocese: Southwark
LAMBETH ROAD SE1
1. (north side)
Church of St Mary
TQ 3079 2/606 19.10.51
Tower of 1377 repaired in 1834-5. Four stages and battlemented parapet; south-east
octagonal turret. Nave, south porch and north aisle of 1851-2 by P C Hardwick
in C14 style with flamboyant traceried windows. Coursed rubble with freestone
dressings. Two early C16 recessed tomb-chests in chancel, and several C18 and
early C19 memorial tablets in aisles. Deconsecrated.
Within the churchyard C18 and C19 classical tombs.
Listing NGR: TQ3059779013
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings