This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 52.1203 / 52°7'12"N
Longitude: -1.8136 / 1°48'48"W
OS Eastings: 412860
OS Northings: 246899
OS Grid: SP128468
Mapcode National: GBR 4MM.490
Mapcode Global: VHB0P.JY3Z
Plus Code: 9C4W45CP+4H
Entry Name: Church of St Peter
Listing Date: 30 July 1959
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1081297
English Heritage Legacy ID: 147643
Location: Pebworth, Wychavon, Worcestershire, CV37
Civil Parish: Pebworth
Built-Up Area: Pebworth
Traditional County: Gloucestershire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Worcestershire
Church of England Parish: Pebworth St Peter
Church of England Diocese: Gloucester
Church of St Peter
Church C14, C15 and C16. Blue lias stone with some Cotswold stone. Plain-tile roofs, coped gables. West tower, nave, south aisle, north porch and chancel.
Tower C14 and C15, two stage with battlements, two-light bell-openings and small angle buttresses. Deep set C15 tall west window. Nave with coved stone eaves and corner buttresses. North side one small square light, two-light Decorated window and cusped lancet. North door with pointed hollow-chamfer arch, C16 wooden door and stone gabled north porch with chamfered pointed arch.
Plastered nave roof with three C16 tie beams. Three bay Perpendicular south arcade to C16 South chapel with three-light east window, blocked door and two two-light south windows. Niche in east wall of aisle and small credence in side wall. Niche in east wall of nave and credence in side wall. Opening to former rood stair. C15 moulded chancel arch.
Chancel with three-light Perpendicular east window; north side cusped lancet, pointed arched door and Perpendicular two-light window. South side with two-light window set in blocked larger opening and C16 two-light window. Small aumbry on north side and credence/piscina on south. Some medieval glass in head of east window. Plain turned altar rails. Plastered roof with two tie beams. Jacobean pulpit. Perpendicular octagonal font.
Monuments: south aisle 1629 wall memorial Jacobean style to R Martin of Broad Marston. Chancel 1720 carved wall memorial signed E Woodward to R Martin. Various early to mid C19 marble wall monuments to members of the Shekell family by Lewis.
A small village church relatively untouched by C19 restoration. Outside the north wall of the nave is a weathered medieval stone recumbent effigy of a priest.
Listing NGR: SP1285746902
Other nearby listed buildings