This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 52.3135 / 52°18'48"N
Longitude: -2.5943 / 2°35'39"W
OS Eastings: 359584
OS Northings: 268537
OS Grid: SO595685
Mapcode National: GBR BR.W610
Mapcode Global: VH84K.Z3CV
Plus Code: 9C4V8C74+97
Entry Name: Temeside House
Listing Date: 24 October 1988
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1082408
English Heritage Legacy ID: 150830
Location: Tenbury, Malvern Hills, Worcestershire, WR15
Civil Parish: Tenbury
Built-Up Area: Tenbury Wells
Traditional County: Worcestershire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Worcestershire
Church of England Parish: Tenbury Wells
Church of England Diocese: Hereford
This list entry was subject to a Minor Amendment on 01/07/2019
SO 5868 - 5968
TEME STREET (east side)
(Formerly listed as Former Tenbury Local District Council Offices)
Union workhouse, later Tenbury RDC offices, now police, fire station and local authority offices. Dated 1837 and altered 1937. Brick with ashlar dressings, slate roof, gable-end parapets with kneelers and shaped finials to front, brick ridge stacks and two diagonally set brick stacks to rear. Part two storeys, part single storey and attic with dormers.
Main west elevation articulated a:b:c:b:a. Outer bays have two ground floor two-light casements and two gabled dormers with two-light casements. The two dormers at the left end have scalloped bargeboards. The two right end bays have had the ground floor windows replaced by a large C20 doorway to provide access for the fire engine and a small single storey wing added. The adjacent inner bays have full-height projecting gabled wings with three-light first floor casements, blind loopholes in the apex of each gable and doorways with Tudor-arched heads and studded C20 doors. There are two-light ground floor windows in the angles. The central bay is also gabled and has a three-light casement in both main floors; the first floor window is flanked by single-light casements.
Above the ground floor window is a plaque inscribed "TENBURY RURAL/ DISTRICT COUNCIL/ REMODELLED 1937". The gable above has a datestone recessed within a square ashlar border inscribed "UNION/ WORKHOUSE/ ERECTED/ 1837". The rear elevation appears to be largely unaltered.
Listing NGR: SO5958468537
Other nearby listed buildings