This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 52.112 / 52°6'43"N
Longitude: -2.33 / 2°19'47"W
OS Eastings: 377499
OS Northings: 246019
OS Grid: SO774460
Mapcode National: GBR 0FM.KQW
Mapcode Global: VH934.K5LR
Plus Code: 9C4V4M6C+R2
Entry Name: 2, 6 and 8, Worcester Road
Listing Date: 1 January 1970
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1082720
English Heritage Legacy ID: 152174
Location: Malvern, Malvern Hills, Worcestershire, WR14
District: Malvern Hills
Civil Parish: Malvern
Built-Up Area: Great Malvern
Traditional County: Worcestershire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Worcestershire
Church of England Parish: Great Malvern
Church of England Diocese: Worcester
Nos 2, 6 and 8
SO 7746 SW 2/42
SO 7746 SE 3/42
SO 7745 NW 4/42
SO 7745 NE 5/42 1.1.70.
Circa 1818, architects Samuel and John Deykes. Originally the Royal Library.
Three storeys in stucco with slate roofs.
Elevation to south is bow-fronted; projecting semi-circular ground floor with
balustraded entablature, frieze and moulded cornice, on 4 Ionic columns, spaces
between columns now filled and sash windows inserted. First and 2nd floors
above have full-height, semi-circular bow with curved 3-light window to each
floor, moulded cornice hood on console brackets to 1st flow windows.
West elevation has rusticated ground floor and 3 cambered-head keyed openings;
centre opening encloses square-headed door, side openings have plate glass
windows. Three sash windows with glazing bars to 1st and 2nd floors. Overall
architrave, frieze, cornice and blocking course with plain central pediment,
plain pilasters between windows. Moulded architraves, cornice hoods and consoles
to 1st floor windows. Four window extension to north (Nos 6 and 8) is generally
similar but with more simple treatment, no pilasters or pediment. Left-hand
Listing NGR: SO7749946019
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings