This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 52.0357 / 52°2'8"N
Longitude: -2.4236 / 2°25'24"W
OS Eastings: 371039
OS Northings: 237565
OS Grid: SO710375
Mapcode National: GBR FZ.FTPD
Mapcode Global: VH860.Y337
Plus Code: 9C4V2HPG+7H
Entry Name: The Steppes
Listing Date: 18 September 1953
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1082838
English Heritage Legacy ID: 151956
Location: Ledbury, County of Herefordshire, HR8
Civil Parish: Ledbury
Built-Up Area: Ledbury
Traditional County: Herefordshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Herefordshire
Church of England Parish: Ledbury
Church of England Diocese: Hereford
5245 NEW STREET
SO 7137 NE 2/74 18.9.53.
Circa 1600. 2 storeys and attic. Tiled roof. Timber-framed with close-set studding
and plastered infilling. 2 gables on road front with moulded beam across base
and later bargeboards, pendants and finials. Top and 1st floor each project on
moulded bressummer. C18 2 storeyed canted bay of sashes with glazing bars on right.
2 and 3-light casement windows in gables with leaded panes. Other sashes with
glazing bars. Fielded panel door with rectangular fanlight with glazing bars.
Interior: original moulded ceiling beams and double chamfered beams in drawing
room, and moulded beams on 1st floor.
Nos 7 to 15 (odd), Lanark House, The Steppes, No 19 and stables west of No 19
form a group.
Listing NGR: SO7106237500
Other nearby listed buildings