This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
We don't have any photos of this building yet. Why don't you be the first to send us one?
Latitude: 53.5032 / 53°30'11"N
Longitude: -0.5941 / 0°35'38"W
OS Eastings: 493345
OS Northings: 401647
OS Grid: SE933016
Mapcode National: GBR SW9X.5X
Mapcode Global: WHGGS.V68P
Plus Code: 9C5XGC34+79
Entry Name: Cleatham Hall
Listing Date: 6 November 1967
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1083030
English Heritage Legacy ID: 165740
Location: Manton, North Lincolnshire, DN21
County: North Lincolnshire
Civil Parish: Manton
Traditional County: Lincolnshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Lincolnshire
Church of England Parish: Kirton-in-Lindsey St Andrew
Church of England Diocese: Lincoln
SE 90 SW MANTON CLEATHAM
- Cleatham Hall
House. 1855, possibly by J M Hooker of Tunbridge Wells, with C18 or earlier
origins and C20 additions. Earlier sections of coursed limestone rubble.
C19 sections in brick; rendered throughout. C20 extension in yellow brick.
Slate and lead roof, brick stacks. Classical Revival style. 2 storeys,
5 bays 2:1:2. Plinth. Rusticated full-height pilasters with central
channel define central entrance bay and angles. Flight of 5 stone steps to
panelled door in reveal beneath recessed rectangular panel and carved
consoles supporting projecting hood with moulded cornice returned as string-
course. Flanked by jamb lights. Sash windows to side bays in raised
surrounds with moulded cornices and flat hoods on carved consoles. Door and
ground floor windows have wooden blind boxes. Moulded first floor string-
course on brackets. First floor: central tripartite arched sash window and
pairs of sashes in raised surrounds with recessed rectangular panels beneath
and segmental pediments With moulded cornices on carved consoles above.
Frieze with panels above pilasters, triglyphs and modillions supporting
heavy moulded cornice and parapet above. Right return, forming garden
front, has similar full height pilasters, first floor string, entablature
and cornice, full height canted bay to right with angle pilasters flanking
the sashes, and single ground and first floor tripartite sashes to left with
shouldered architraves. C19 interior survives virtually complete, and
includes a fine geometrical staircase with stone steps, slender cast-iron
balusters, wall-niches, moulded cornice and domed stair light; plaster
cornices and ceiling roses in ground floor rooms, and panelled doors, window
shutters and dado, grained in 1889. N J Pevsner and R Harris, The Buildings
of England: Lincolnshire, 1978, p 311.
Listing NGR: SE9334501647
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings