This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 53.552 / 53°33'7"N
Longitude: -0.4922 / 0°29'32"W
OS Eastings: 499987
OS Northings: 407204
OS Grid: SE999072
Mapcode National: GBR TW0C.7G
Mapcode Global: WHGGG.DZTC
Entry Name: Town Hall
Listing Date: 10 October 1952
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1083130
English Heritage Legacy ID: 165478
Location: Brigg, North Lincolnshire, DN20
County: North Lincolnshire
Civil Parish: Brigg
Built-Up Area: Brigg
Traditional County: Lincolnshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Lincolnshire
Church of England Parish: Brigg St John the Evangelist
Church of England Diocese: Lincoln
(East side - island site)
SE 90 NE 1/26 10.10.52.
Small building at road junction of 2 storeys in yellow brick and slate roof.
Circa 1817. Elevation to Market Place is 3-sided, with an upper rectangular
and lower round-headed window to each face, all with keystones. Modern glazing
to ground floor. Reeded door case with open modillion pediment. Stucco bands
between storeys and below a small brick and stucco parapet with a panel to each
face. Rectangular painted wood clock turret with pilasters and cornice. Ball
finial and weather vane. Side elevation of 5 windows. Modillion cornice. Doorcase
with fluted side columns (restored). Triple arcade to ground floor. Bowed shop
window with dentil cornice and fascia. Building in course of restoration at
time of survey. Eastward extension of similar build and date to Town Hall. 2
storeys in yellow brick with roof of Welsh slate at angle, stone coped gable ends
with kneelers. 3 windows, segmental arches, renewed glazing bars. Shop front
with plain pilasters to entire ground floor.
Town Hall and premises occupied by E Hounslow and W H Smith form a group.
Listing NGR: SE9998707204
Other nearby listed buildings